For many, their dream career is to become a Personal Trainer. As a Personal trainer, you have a very rewarding career as you are helping people achieve the goals they want to achieve to help them in their life with health and fitness.
Beginning this journey can be a difficult one as there are many options to consider. It can become very confusing and frustrating.
When you choose to study your fitness course, some of the things you need to look at are:
1. Which delivery mode is best for you? Face to face or online? At Inspire, we believe face to face is always the best option as this is a hands on industry which means your learning should be hands on. You also have a teacher there with you to ask questions, you can bounce ideas off the rest of your class. At Inspire, we are always there for our students for whatever questions they have and will get back to them quickly.
2. The experience of the provider you choose: This is important as you need to know you are getting the information for your new career from people who know what they are talking about, who have been through what you are about to go through, who can give you the tools necessary to achieve. Also, the teachers giving you this information should be current in the industry as Personal Trainers. At Inspire, our teachers have over 50 years combined experience as Personal Trainers. We are also currently Personal Trainers with over 20 one on one clients per week each.
3. Value for Money: This is different for everyone. This is about what you are getting for you money and how this will help you become the best personal trainer you can be. This is also about making you as ready for the real world as possible. Value for money doesn’t always mean the cheapest, it also doesn’t mean the most expensive. Some people relate an expensive product to that being the best product, this is far from the truth. At Inspire, we are at the lower end of the price scale for face to face Personal Training courses on the Gold Coast but we provide the best value for money.
4. Do your research: Not all providers are the same. The government provides the curriculum to be delivered, however, it’s up to the provider how they deliver this information. At Inspire, we put a large emphasis on practical learning so you are ready and confident to train any type of client when you begin your new career. We also have place a large emphasis on Nutrition, motivation, sales, customer service and business. Make sure your provider is delivering a Nationally Recognised course as well.
5. Make sure you enroll into the right course: This sounds like a no brainer, but you need to begin with a certificate 3 in fitness which then allows you to study certificate 4 in fitness. Most providers will give you the option to pay for and study both as one will lead in to the other. If you have studied cert 3 in the past, be sure to ask your provider if that particular version is current when you choose to study your cert 4. This is because the qualifications in the fitness industry change often to make sure we give the best possible service to our clients.
6. Decide what direction you want to take: Once you are qualified as a Personal Trainer, you have many options in front of you. You may want to start your own business. you may want to work in a gym. You may want to work in a Personal Training studio. You may want to be a trainer for a sports team. You may want to jump on board a cruise ship and be a trainer. The list is long and this is a decision only you can make. Talk to your teachers who helped you through your course to come up with what is best for you. At Inspire, we have loads of contacts in the industry looking for trainers and managers. We also can help you set up your own business.
7. Make sure your education provider is there for help: At Inspire, we are always here for help and mentoring forever after your studies. Once you are a student of Inspire you always are. We can help you set up your own business, find work in the industry, help you to find clients even if you are working in another business. We are here to guide you in any way you need to help make you successful in your brand new, dream career as a Personal Trainer. You can also come back and sit in on classes for free to help refresh your knowledge on certain subjects or if you feel you need some more practical experience.
Hopefully this helps you with deciding how to go about starting your career in Personal Training. If you would like to know about our courses at Inspire Success Academy of Fitness, please call us on 5559 0623