Being pushed for time is no excuse for not exercising. Australia’s National Physical Activity guidelines recommend 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week. You can achieve this by breaking your exercise into short activity bursts of 10 minutes, such as:
- taking the stairs instead of the lift at work
- walking briskly up to the shop instead of driving
- putting on some music to dance to around the house
- playing hopscotch or Twister with the kids
- lapping the block, walking at a very brisk pace
- sweeping the front and back paths
- hanging your washing by jogging back to the laundry to fetch each item of clothing.