It’s Marathon weekend again on the Gold Coast and we would like to wish everyone good luck and enjoy yourselves.
Having run a few 42km ‘s myself , I know what it’s like to be part of such a great event.
If you are running the 42km, then I would hope you have done the training , so it should be a matter of course.
Here ‘a a few last minute tips .
1. Warm up , it will be chilly
2. Stick to your pace, don’t get carried away with the day .
3. Hydrate . Water won ‘t cut it , drink electrolytes .
4. Use baby oil to protect from Chaffing .
5. Wear a band aid on your nipples ( unless you have a sports top under your singlet )
6. Carry gels to keep glucose levels up .
7 . Jelly beans have a similar effect .
8. Have a support crew at stations if possible. ( they may have an asthma puffer for you or extra electrolyte drinks) .
9. Follow your pace group ( usually a pacer runner will have a bunch of yellow balloons with a sign eg 4 hour pacer .
10. Take a cramp spray .